Castle Radio/Delicast

I've got a treat for you all today. Ironically, I found this awesome music radio station through searching for "Japanese talk radio." What that lead me to was delicast.com, which is an immense resource for tons of radio stations, not only in Japan, but all over the world. I thought "Castle Radio" sounded interesting, so I clicked, and my life has never been the same.

Fukuchiyama Castle Radio is pretty much the bee's knees. Here's why:

  • It's a legit radio station broadcasting live out of Japan. I should also mention that it is broadcasting out of a place called Fukuchiyama, which will gain you knowledge points--even my friend from Tokyo hadn't heard of it. And no, we foreigners are not just saying "Fuji yama" in out weirdo accent.
  • They play mostly music, but also have conversation and news pieces sometimes, as well as ADS! It's usually the same three ads over and over (or at least the same three companies), but it's a great opportunity for me to keep picking up words and figuring out what exactly they're saying.
  • I love their music! I've always loved older stuff, so this station is perfect for me. I did hear them play Nishino Kana's "Believe" once, which is super-current, but otherwise the stuff rarely sounds more recent than the 80's.  
  • This is great because it allows me to be more familiar with their standards. Once I've heard a song two or three times, I know it's basically their equivalent of "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" or "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart." Here's a good one!
The link I gave above for Castle Radio is to their main site. This is because I have issues with delicast on my home computer. Just look for the romaji "Simul Radio" or the katakana サイムル放送 and you'll be good to go. I use their site on Firefox, which isn't my normal browser, because their site doesn't seem to get along with Chrome. Pro tips, y'all!

Do you know any good radio stations? Let me know your favorites. And if you give Castle Radio a try, Shazam your favorite songs and send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment