I HAVE TO GO

Oh my god.

You guys.

I have to go to Japan.

It is driving me crazy.

I'm going through a lot of personal stuff because I've been an actor since I was 8, and have been steadily working toward my goal of being a voice actor for years. I've never had something compete for my time like this. And I didn't move across the company for nothing. But now that I live in LA, it's actually a pretty great deal: I can be around all the acting, and have those opportunities, but then there's also this great Japanese community here that I'm becoming a part of. All of me can exist here.

But then, I'm at a point where I know that this is real, that this isn't just some hobby I'm going to suddenly drop, and I'm getting frustrated at my pace. I don't feel like I'm moving as quickly as I want. And I also am dying of the travel bug. What I'd really like to do is move there for a while. Maybe a year or two. I just saw video of the changing colors of the leaves, and there was a taiko group, and oh my god, I want to go.

I just got a new credit card and, with bonuses, I've just about paid for my flight to Japan. So now, I just need to save up. I just got a new job with more pay, so I can make this happen. This can really happen for me. I tell you, the 20's are a wild decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment