When the real family and host family collide!

So, as I've mentioned, I'm currently living in Osaka with a host family while I study here. They are the sweetest people--there's a five-year-old, a nine-year-old, and a mom and dad. They are all very Osaka, which is what I was hoping for, which means they are way less closed off than the Japanese are at least generalized as being, and are quite silly. They are also, as you could gather, speakers of the Osaka dialect, which I'm a student of, so it's great practice. More on that another time.

Anyway, tonight, after living with them now for four weeks, is the night they meet my mom (via video chat). Everyone is very excited to meet here, and, through an incident earlier today when I was trying to teach my mom how to introduce herself in Kansai-ben, it has been confirmed that all parties involved are quite silly and going to get along just fine.

I'm also making my mom's English beef stew (with beer!) tonight. That is the thing I am personally most nervous about. I never cook meat for myself, and it's also my first time cooking for them, so I hope it goes well. Wish me luck!

-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment