Finals

Well, good grief. My powers to think are just about exhausted.

I thought I'd have until February to really settle into Japan, get past my culture shock and homesickness, and then decide if I wanted to try and stay here after my classes end next semester.

Within two days of each other, I was offered two incredible opportunities:

1) Being able to stay in Japan for the six months remaining on my visa once classes end, receiving help to pay my rent and travel.

2) A job at the Japanese immersion program I went to a couple years ago and have been yearning to go back to ever since.

Both choices are just too good, and they're ones I don't see a way of repeating. Either way, I can't lose, but it is a really hard decision.

On top of that, I'm trying to find an apartment to move into in ten days, and I have finals. Today is my birthday, and I have class and a final exam straight from 1 until after 6. Some birthday!!

I'm really just kidding about being indignant--I'm celebrating my birthday on Saturday, so today doesn't matter so much. But it is kind of a funny coincidence. That said, I did receive the gift of an extension on my zen paper! That is definitely a win.

I'm off to scrape my eyes across this research paper for my final later. Have a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment